Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Led Zeppelin aftermath


Rumours, or not rumours, who nows?, are spilling out and around everwhere. There's a DVD coming, supposedly, of the concert from the other night. There's a full blown tour with dates being worked on at this very moment. I wish I could tell you that either one of those statements was fact. I've only heard snippets of the show, mostly from videos on youtube from folks who were lucky enough (and I do mean lucky), and they sounded like they never took a 19 year break from the Led Zeppelin stuff. To see Led Zeppelin live is my third music fantasy, first being to see the Beatles live, which obviously can't happen, my second is to see the original 4 Kiss members live, which I didn't get to do when they did it back in the 90's. Now I live in Central Florida, and they could easily come to Tampa or to Miami. Orlando isn't exactly out of the question, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As far as the new DVD or the tour-the DVD could happen, easily. The tour-don't be surprised either way. It went well the other night in London so that could put the idea into their minds. But since they were hesitant to do it in the first place they may stick with their original plans and make this a one time thing.
December 12 birthdays: Dickey Betts from the Allman Brothers is 64; Eric Schenkman from the Spin Doctors is 44;


No comments: