Friday, September 12, 2008

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die


A couple years ago, I received this book as a gift. I am a music fan and an obsessive one when it comes to certain bands and artists. I have always wanted to expand my knowledge, my taste, and my collection. For a long while now, I have been pondering this book and the idea of listening to every single record in this book. I started collecting some of the ones I didn't have and decided I am going to do it at some point. Well as I'm not getting any younger - now is the time to give a go and listen to all 1001 records in their entirety!! Even the Eminem, Korn, Limp Bizkit records listed. Those just might kill me.
There are records in the book that I have heard bits of and maybe even most of the record but not the whole thing. In the book, there are several artists that I have always wanted to check out and hear but never got around to and many I have never even heard of!! I will go in order of the book - which is chronological by year - and I will try to give a brief review of each one.
I'm looking forward to it! Hope you enjoy the ride as well - and leave some comments along the way.

ABSOLUTE ROCK BIRTHDAYS FOR SEPTEMBER 13:
Dave Mustaine from Megadeth is 47; Zak Starkey is 43; Steve Perkins from Jane's Addiction is 41;

1 comment:

Omar Rodriguez said...

Man, this is great, just started whit the same idea, listen one by one, year by year, and that's gona be a long and pleasure trip, I will follow you, cheers up.