Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die - #5 Fats Domino - This is Fats Domino (1956)


FATS DOMINO - THIS IS FATS DOMINO

Track Listing - (standout tracks in bold)
1. Blueberry Hill
2. Honey Chile
3. What's the Reason (I'm Not Pleasing You?)
4. Blue Monday
5. So Long
6. La-La
7. Troubles of My Own
8. You Done Me Wrong
9. Reelin' and Rockin'
10. Fat Man's Hop
11. Poor Poor Me
12. Trust in Me

Fats Domino is an icon. And he has his own 'sound'. Still, this was not particularly an attention grabbing album. Although it has the classics "Blueberry Hill" and "Blue Monday" and a few other standout tracks it simply just seemed to plod along. Fats' great trademark piano playing comes through very nicely.
I suppose for whatever reason the music just didn't 'click' much with me. I totally recognize it's significance and superb quality - so I am probably just missing something. Again, it was 1956 and I can imagine how huge an impact this music was filling the airwaves causing parents to yell in terror!

1 comment:

Music 101 said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?7mjxzyqyfzv