Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19, 2011

The ALBUM OF THE DAY
BOB SEGER AND THE SILVER BULLET BAND...Live Bullet (1976)
(CD, vinyl, Allmusic review)

This album reached number 34 on the U.S. Billboard album charts. Released in 1976 it wasn't until the late 80's that I ever heard the album, and it was by accident. I was DJing a party and someone asked for "Turn The Page" by Bob Seger. I told the guy I don't have it. He said I'll go get my cassette. So once I got the cassette at the right spot and played it everyone slow danced to it AND they were singing along. I was amazed at how popular this was yet I, being one who kept up with all things rock n roll, had never heard of it. Once the song was over I took the cassette out to see the name of the album. It was Live Bullet. Wait a minute, I have this at home. My brother had given it to me and I had never played it, so I took it out and enjoyed it, all 4 sides. I recommend you check it out.


ROCK BIRTHDAYS FOR MARCH 19
Zach Lind of Jimmy Eat World is 35;

ON THIS DATE
1946 Paul Atkinson was born in Hertfordshire, England. He would become the keyboardist for the Zombies. He died in 2004 at the age of 58
1957 Elvis Presley purchases Graceland
1974 Jefferson Airplane becomes Jefferson Starship, officially
1975 Dressed To Kill by Kiss is released
1976 Paul Kossoff of Free dies on a flight from Los Angeles to new York at the age of 25. He dies of a drug-induced heart attack
1982 Randy Rhoads dies at the age of 25 in Leesburg, Florida when the plane he was flying clips Ozzy Osbourne's tour bus and then flies into a house
1993 Drummer Jeff Ward commits suicide at the age of 30. Ward had worked with Nine Inch Nails
1996 Anthology II by the Beatles is released
2001 Aerosmith, Paul Simon, Queen, Ritchie Valens, Solomon Burke and Steely Dan are inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame

ROCKLINE with Bob Coburn
Monday, March 21 STONE SOUR 11:30 PM Eastern/8:30 Pacific Listen here
Wednesday, March 23 THIN LIZZY 11:30 PM Eastern/8:30 Pacific Listen here
Does your local rock station carry Rockline? Find out here

Check out the latest edition of The Rock Show with Michael David. You can download the zip file here

No comments: