Friday, March 4, 2011

March 4, 2011


The ALBUM OF THE DAY
DEVILDRIVER...Beast (2011)
(CD/DVD, Allmusic review)

When I saw that this album entered the U.S. Billboard album charts at number 42 this past week I thought I'd check it out. I'm always curious about new bands but come to find out Beast is their third album, I had just never heard of them before. Well, folks, I hate to knock it because speed metal/death metal is just not my thing. But, hey, I gave it a shot. I listened to the whole thing so I could give a fair review. If you like this kind of music check it out, if not...ignore it


ROCK BIRTHDAYS FOR MARCH 4
Chris Squire from Yes is 63; Chris Rea is 60; Jason Newsted, formerly with Metallica, is 48; Evan Dando of Lemonheads is 44; Fergal Lawler of The Cranberries is 40;

ON THIS DATE
1966 John Lennon made his remark to a reporter about how “Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. We’re more popular than Jesus right now”
1970 Janis Joplin is fined $200 for swearing onstage at a concert in Tampa
1971 The Rolling Stones announce that they will be moving to France due to too much tax in Great Britain
1973 Pink Floyd begin their U.S. tour supporting their latest album Dark Side Of The Moon
1986 Richard Manuel from The Band hangs himself in a hotel room in Winter Park, Florida. He was 42
2006 Aerosmith has to cancel several concerts as Steven Tyler has strained his vocal chords
2008 Warpaint by the Black Crowes is released

ROCKLINE with Bob Coburn
Monday, March 7 FILTER 11:30 PM Eastern/8:30 Pacific Listen here
Wednesday, March 9 DAVID COVERDALE 11:30 PM Eastern/8:30 Pacific Listen here
Does your local rock station carry Rockline? Find out here

Check out the latest edition of The Rock Show with Michael David. You can download the zip file here

No comments: